Page 40 of 67
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte?
Posted: 22/04/2008, 17:44
by macs7
spero con tutto il cuore nel ritorno in campo di Shaun...il ragazzo ha talento e merita una possibilità...il più è lo stare in campo che gli manca: ha saltato a pie pari il college e nelle sue due stagioni in NBA ha giocato circa 17 minuti di media, poco per avere esperienza sul campo
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 22/05/2008, 0:31
by mookie#22
7. Los Angeles Clippers
Eric Gordon 6-3 SG Indiana / Freshman
A bowling ball of a shooting guard, with outstanding scoring ability. Built like a brick wall, capable of just overpowering defenders on his way to the rim, thanks to his excellent first step and low center of gravity. A terrific finisher in traffic who is confident and assertive with his moves. Also a very capable perimeter shooter, either pulling up off the dribble from mid-range, or spotting up from behind the arc. Solid defender when he wants to be. Has a tendency to force things at times-- his shot-selection isn’t always the best. Turnover prone. Ball-handling skills are improvable. More of an undersized shooting guard than a combo. Played very poorly in February and March, possibly due to injury/coaching turmoil.
Comparison: Ben Gordon Stats: 20.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.4 apg
Rookie season salary*: $2,623,200 Ranking: 1st Shooting Guard / 6th Freshman
Ad oggi questa risulta l'ipotesi più plausibile, ERIC GORDON.
La descrizione qui sopra è estratta dal draft di Draftexpress.com.
Se è corretta non mi sembra sia il tipo di giocatore che cercano Baylor & Dunleavy.
Tuttavia è un SG (e Gordon viene dato come primo nel ruolo al prossimo draft) posizione che i Clippers devono cercare se non vogliono continuare ad affidarsi solo a Mobley (se come pare Maggette decide di uscire dal contratto).
Poi ci sarebbe anche la questione play, vista l'incognita (?) Livingston.

Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 22/05/2008, 2:33
by SafeBet
Credo si vada su Gordon, se è ancora disponibile. Difficile pensare ad altre opzioni. Comunque la strada verso un roster comeptitivo resta lunga.
Los Angeles Clippers - http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
Posted: 15/06/2008, 11:54
by DNGMRZ
Though Arenas spurned the Clippers for the Wizards a few years ago, sources here in Los Angeles indicate the Clippers are interested in making one more run at Arenas. It makes sense, provided the Wizards could find a sign-and-trade to their liking. Washington Post
One player who has no baggage, apart from health concerns, is Elton Brand -- a player who would give the Wizards inside scoring they haven't had since Chris Webber was in D.C. Brand has yet to opt out of his current deal, and the Clippers have dreams of re-signing both Brand and Corey Maggette, adding an impact player through the draft and signing another free agent to get back to where they were two years ago when they were one win from the conference finals. Washington Post
No, what fans want to know, is whether Brand will exercise the opt-out on the final year of his contract that is due to pay him $16,440,000 for the 2008-2009 season. Brand’s agent, David Falk, has been having preliminary discussions with the Clippers. “Nothing’s really come up,” Brand said Thursday. “We’re just looking at the landscape. He’ll probably know more in the next week and a half or two weeks. But I’m here now, training and getting prepared.” Orange County Register
“Even if there is an opt-out, it doesn’t mean I’m going to a new team,” Brand clarified. “It’s hinging on my agent saying to me, ‘Here are your options.”’ So what does Brand believe is his best-case scenario? “The best-case scenario is to be here and to get to the championship, in the time that we have, and then everything would be great,” Brand said. Orange County Register
Last week we heard that the Clippers had interest in Ford, and might be willing to work a deal to send Corey Maggette to Toronto in trade. One way or the other it sounds like Maggette is leaving town, and as many as six NBA teams acquired about him last summer and again at the trade deadline. He brings a wide array of skills and would look good next to Calderon and make life easier for Chris Bosh with his ability to create a shot from anywhere. Now, however, the LA Times is reporting that the Clippers might prefer to make a run at Calderon. HoopsWorld
The Clippers have until June 30 to tender the 22-year old Livingston a qualifying offer of $5.8 million. Otherwise, he would become an unrestricted free agent, the following day. “I’d like to have my contract situation worked out, before I do anything, as far as any five-on-five, open gym stuff,” Livingston said. “But if not…hey, I’ve been sitting out too long.” Orange County Register
Livingston said his agent, Henry Thomas, and the Clippers are not actively negotiating but discussions are certain to resume soon. “Really, I know (the Clippers) want to wait and see what I’ve got and what I’m going to be able to do, and my limitations and restrictions,” Livingston said. “But I think people are going to be fairly surprised.” Orange County Register
There are clear indications from Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy and vice president of basketball operations Elgin Baylor that they want Livingston back, only not at $5.8 million. Including the entire 82-game season he missed this year, injuries have cost Livingston 181 games out of a possible 324 games since his rookie season in 2004-2005. “I would definitely understand but on the other hand I know that I’m competitive and I know what I’m going to bring to the table,” Livingston said. “It’s going to be an asset and assets aren’t necessarily free. “On the other hand, I’m not out here asking for Gilbert Arenas money. I recognize the situation. I’m not naive. I understand that it’s a business. But I’m out here to play ball and make teams better. That’s what I look forward to doing for the Clippers.” Orange County Register
After spending this past season getting sporadic playing time with the Russian professional team Dynamo Moscow, Yaroslav Korolev, the Clippers’ former first-round draft pick, is back in Los Angeles and working out for what he hopes is a return to the NBA. Although his two years spent with the Clippers were far from fruitful in establishing him as a solid NBA player, the 21-year old Korolev said it was a great experience. “I learned a lot and I’m sure that I’m a better player,” he said. “I still appreciate everything that happened and I don’t have any bad feelings. Right now, at my age, I’m still young. I know the kitchen now. My goal is to get back to the NBA
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 18/06/2008, 15:13
by Shaun_Livingston
Shaun Livingston resumes basketball-related activities
He's been playing one-on-one games and is now able to dunk.
By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times
Finalmente !!!!

Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 18/06/2008, 20:00
by Steve Mix!
Shaun_Livingston wrote:
Shaun Livingston resumes basketball-related activities
He's been playing one-on-one games and is now able to dunk.
By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times
Finalmente !!!! :gogogo:
Finalmente una buona notizia su questo fronte, sono proprio contento!
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 18/06/2008, 20:02
by the gift
Shaun_Livingston wrote:
Shaun Livingston resumes basketball-related activities
He's been playing one-on-one games and is now able to dunk.
By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times
Finalmente !!!! :gogogo:
Benissimo direi !Adesso le cose per il draft si fanno piu chiare

Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 26/06/2008, 23:30
by DNGMRZ
the gift wrote:
Benissimo direi !Adesso le cose per il draft si fanno piu chiare
Clippers and Sonics swap 4 for 7
Submitted by Nick_Prevenas on Thu, 06/26/2008 - 3:22pm.
The 2008 NBA draft is still a couple hours away, but the wheeling and dealing is already in high gear.
Russell WestbrookRussell WestbrookSources close to NBADraft.net say the Seattle SuperSonics and Los Angeles Clippers will be swapping spots in the lottery.
Seattle,who has its eye on Stanford center Brook Lopez, will move down to No. 7 while the Clips, desperate for backcourt help, will likely select Russell Westbrook at No. 4.
The Sonics will pick up L.A.'s 2009 first-round pick (protected) in exchange for the three-spot drop.
The rest of the deal is still being hammered out, but look for an official announcement during tonight's draft.
Stay tuned to NBADraft.net for further updates as this story develops.
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 27/06/2008, 7:47
by Steve Mix!
Credo che i velieri abbiano fatto un ottimo draft, Gordon è l'esterno che gli serviva e Jordan, preso addirittura al secondo giro, è un progetto molto intrigante. Speriamo lo riescano a crescere bene e che non resti solo un fisico...
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 27/06/2008, 11:23
by Cava
Steve Mix! wrote:
Credo che i velieri abbiano fatto un ottimo draft, Gordon è l'esterno che gli serviva e Jordan, preso addirittura al secondo giro, è un progetto molto intrigante. Speriamo lo riescano a crescere bene e che non resti solo un fisico...
Ottimo draft dei Clippers, e aggiungiamoci Mike Taylor, un altra combo-guard che ha impressionato al Pre-Draft Camp di Orlando.
Arriva in cambio di una seconda scelta futura, può essere una buona presa per Los Angeles.
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 02/07/2008, 10:27
by kobe24mvp
se volevate sapere da chi si riparte, direi da Baron Davis e forse da Elton Brnad, che dovrebbe rifirmare....
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 02/07/2008, 10:39
by Shaun_Livingston
Sembra che sia quasi (speriamo) ufficiale l'acquisizione del Barone.
Sul sito del L.A. Times danno quasi per certa pure la permanenza di Brand.
Se così fosse, (magari !!), per il prossimo anno avremmo una squadra decisamente competitiva.
Inoltre sembra che ci sia la volontà di rifirmare anche Shaun. Lo spero davvero.
Vederlo con un'altra maglia, mi farebbe un po male.
Mentre è ufficiale il bye-bye a Maggette.
In bocca al lupo, Corey !
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 02/07/2008, 10:46
by Ema-Kobe
Barone quasi ufficiale ormai diciamo
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 02/07/2008, 11:13
by mookie#22
Shaun_Livingston wrote:
Sembra che sia quasi (speriamo) ufficiale l'acquisizione del Barone.
Sul sito del L.A. Times danno quasi per certa pure la permanenza di Brand.
Se così fosse, (magari !!), per il prossimo anno avremmo una squadra decisamente competitiva.
Inoltre sembra che ci sia la volontà di rifirmare anche Shaun. Lo spero davvero.
Vederlo con un'altra maglia, mi farebbe un po male.
Mentre è ufficiale il bye-bye a Maggette.
In bocca al lupo, Corey !
Ottimo, se così fosse è stato fatto esattamente quel che andava fatto: affiancare un all-star type a Brand (che così resta) e rilasciare testa-bassa Maggette visto che con Mobley, Eric Gordon e Al Thornton le posizioni 2 e 3 sono belle e sistemate.
Shaun diventa un investimento non a rischio proprio per la presenza del Barone.
Comunque mi sembra ancora presto per cantar vittoria.
Re: Los Angeles Clippers - da chi si riparte? (e chi si drafta col pick#7?)
Posted: 03/07/2008, 11:44
by Shaun_Livingston
Golden State spara alto con Brand, più alto di quanto possano fare i Clippers: 90 mln contro 70.
Ora, spero solo che Elton ragioni un po con la testa e non solo con il portafogli ...