New Orleans Saints-Unchained

saints68
Senior
Senior

Re: New Orleans Saints-Cajun Hell 2011

Post by saints68 »

Sei sicuro?A me pare parta dopo il SB..Al draft mi pare sia gia'chiusa...Magari sbaglio eh...
crazytuna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crazytuna »

saints68 wrote:Sei sicuro?A me pare parta dopo il SB..Al draft mi pare sia gia'chiusa...Magari sbaglio eh...
in effetti meno di due mesi

Feb. 20 - Teams can begin applying franchise and transition tags to players

March 5 - Deadline for teams to apply franchise and transition tags

March 13 - Free agency begins at 4 p.m.
crazytuna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crazytuna »

@AdamSchefter Former Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo, who spent Monday interviewing with Colts, is scheduled to meet with Saints in New Orleans on Wednesday.
saints68
Senior
Senior

Post by saints68 »

crazytuna wrote:@AdamSchefter Former Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo, who spent Monday interviewing with Colts, is scheduled to meet with Saints in New Orleans on Wednesday.
Incrocio le dita,sarebbe un gran colpo..Mi viene da dire IL colpo dell'offseason.
crazytuna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crazytuna »

Un utente di SR ha postato un'analisi "premium" da PFF della nostra D quest'anno...riporto integralmente

I've been looking at the stats of our guys on defense on PFF and see how they rank and see a lot of positives. I think a lot of our issues has to do with scheme and specifically no pressure from front 4 and committing extra guys to blitzes which still got no pressure and left our coverage guys on islands trying to cover much longer than normal. I'll start with safety and then other positions.

Safety:
Throughout this year, a lot of praise has come from various sources about the level of play from Harper. He just missed ProBowl and a few articles considered him a snub. Watching games he is hard hitting and flies to the ball. Something completely surprising to me is when I looked at his PFF grades that grades every play, not only did he have a very negative grade, but when ranking all safeties that played, he was 160 of 164. That means only 4 people had worse performances.
Our other guys are Jenkins ranked slightly below average 105 of 164, Amaya ranked an average 73 of 164 but only played 54 snaps, and finally Quddus ranked above average 29 out of 164 playing 157 snaps ( about 15% of snaps)

I looked back at 2009 and 2010 and Harper ranked 26th in '09 (with sharper at 16th) and 11th in '10. Jenkins was 118 out of 183 last year and sharper was 162 out of 183.

How does that happend Sharper from 16th to 162 and Harper from 26th to 11th to 160 out of 164. The fact that Harper seems to have had such a monster year according to many articles, yet he grades at the very bottom? I believe it completely points to scheme and a new DC with new scheme will improve that.
Bottom line, Harper was great in coverage in '09 and '10 and is playing at a high level. No way should we cut him as may have suggested! Jenkins has stayed fairly average and even improved in a year that saw Harper drop 150 places! Just on case, we can give more playing time to Quddus and let him and Jenkins compete. Regardless, I believe we have our safeties and have no need to find new ones.

Cornerback:
Patrick Robinson ranked 19 out of 109. He basically had a top 5 performance if you remove bad performances against Texans, Lions, and Giants. I only mention that because those teams used some exotic blitzes from GW to counter their potent offenses and maybe scheme contributed to those poor grades. Regardless this guys a keeper.
Jabari Greer ranked 51 of 109 and was basically average overall, but also had sod really bad games that brought his average down.
Tracy Porter was 91 of 109 pretty below average year

Defensive Ends:
Cameron Jordan 35 of 67 with a huge run defense grade. Just by run defense, he would be top 5 DE against the run, unfortunately his grade on rush was -4.4 as well as -4.4 for many penalties. If he had slightly better pressure grade and not so many penaties, he has potential to be a top 10 DE. Hopefully a new DC and scheme helps

Will Smith ranked 39 of 67 with all positive grades. A few off games hurt his overall grades but he is still a very good DE that needs a compliment on other side. His overall grade was still positive and wasnt many points away from top quarter of DE. A big difference between him and many of the top 20 is that most of those DE are situational and come in with fresh legs just on 3rd and long obvious passing situations just to rush where Will Smith plays every down. Some depth at DE and having Smith plays less downs to stay fresher could see an even bigger jump in his performance.

Junior Galette ranked 47 and had the best pass rush grade of all our DE's. He ranked lowere because a very bad -3.4 run block grade and -1.9 penalty grade brought his overall grade down. A little DE depth could allow us to use him like Niners use Aldon Smith as a pure situational rusher. smiths grades look very similiar in the sense he doesn't have positive run block or pass coverage grades, yet he has a staggering +12.1 pass rush grade compared to 2.1 for Galette

Turk McBride was 70 and basically all average grades across the board. Not so bad and has potential. I think average is better than having a big weakness somewhere and has potential.

Defensive Tackles

Shaun Rodgers 42 of 88 with a positive overall grade. He was stout against the run With 5.5 grade, but pass rush grade of -3?3 brought his overall down. I think the guy has come in and made an instant impact against the run and rarely have we seen runs up the middle this year. Most runs went off tackle which means they were going left to right first before running up field which gave our guys more time to swarm and make tackle before the runner gets north-south momentum.

Sedrick Ellis ranked 50 of 88 and was actually the best graded in pass coverage, but then had negative grades in run block and pass rush.

Aubrayo Frankin was 57 of 88 and had a very good run block grade, a very average pass coverage grade, and recurring theme, a terrible pass rush grade!

Tom Johnson was 70 and played about 1/3 of snaps. He was very negatively grade on run block and even worse on pass rush, but did have a slightly above average Pass Coverage grade of +1.5.

**Packers Raji, the guy selected to go to ProBowl, was the absolutely worst ranked at #88

LINEBACKERS (saved th worst for last)

Martez Wilson was 75 of 117 and had pretty average grades across boards with an above average 2.0 pass rush grade. That looks like good potential there!

Ramon Humber was 94 with -2.8 overall grade, with -3.1 pass rush grade, -2.0 pass coverage grade and +2.7 run block grade

Jonathan Vilma was 95 with -2.9 overall, 0.0 pass rush, +1.6 pass coverage, and -4.9 run block grade. Possibly the bad run grade is a result of the knee issue this year. A healthy knee next year could be a big improvement. By comparison Eagles Casey Mathews was ranked 93 with -2.7 overall and nobody is talking about dumping or cutting him!

Will Herring was 99 and graded -3.6 overall, -1.9 pass rush, -1.9 pass coverage, and -0.1 run block. He played about 15% of snaps

Jonathan Cassillas was 111 of 117 with -11.2 overall grade, -3.0 pass rush, -8.7 pass coverage, and -0.4 run stop

Jo LoDunbar was 113 of 117 with -12.3 overall, +0.1 pass rush, -6.4 pass coverage, -7.4 run stop

Scott Shanle was 115 of 117 with -13.7 overall, -10 pass rush, -5.7 pass coverage, and +2.5 run block!
saints68
Senior
Senior

Post by saints68 »

Ma di 'sto colloquio con Spagnuolo si sa niente?
Io non trovo niente su alcun sito..
Era Mercoledi',vero? :penso:
crazytuna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crazytuna »

saints68
Senior
Senior

Post by saints68 »

Si e'fatta.
Notizia migliore non potevo leggere...
Davvero molto contento.
Vediamo se riusciremo a essere piu'"presenti"sui RB avversari e dosare maggiormente i blitz.
Mi pare un upgrade notevole,anche se Williams ha lasciato un buon ricordo,a prescindere.
The Answer Palermitano
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL Team: Philadelphia Eagles
NBA Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by The Answer Palermitano »

saints68 wrote:Si e'fatta.
Notizia migliore non potevo leggere...
Davvero molto contento.
Vediamo se riusciremo a essere piu'"presenti"sui RB avversari e dosare maggiormente i blitz.
Mi pare un upgrade notevole,anche se Williams ha lasciato un buon ricordo,a prescindere.

Ahi, prenderé Spagnuolo per bloccare i RB però mi sembra un po come Castillo che ha avuto in dote Asomugha ed invece di usarlo sul miglior ricevitore avversario lo usava per blitizare...diciamo che sicuramente sarete più presenti sui QB avversari, sui RB, non so sinceramente se Spagnuolo sia proprio il DC giusto.
Comunque profonda invidia...mi fa davvero schifo pensare che noi praticamente non lo abbiamo nemmeno cacato quando Spagnuolo sarebbe stato onorato di ricoprire il ruolo che fu del suo mentore, davvero provo un profondo schifo verso chi ci gestisce.
Image Image Image
saints68
Senior
Senior

Post by saints68 »

Mi sono spiegato male io:spero riesca a migliorare la difesa sulle corse ma che mantenga il suo marchio di fabbrica con difese aggressive e "blitzaiole".
Non trovera'terreno arido in questo senso:Williams ha messo su una difesa super aggressiva dove pero'blitzavano in primis S e poi il front four.
Harper e' il nostro miglior cacciatore di QB quest'anno,il che e' tutto detto.
I rischi li paghi quando lo mandi in blitz e lasci Jenkins contro il Davis o il Gonzalez di turno a cui rende 15 kg e 10 cm.
Dunque mi auguro di vedere finalmente(senza scomodare la Doom Patrol di Jackson e Mills buonanima)menoesasperazione nel mandare i S in blitz e i LB piu'coinvolti.Probabile si portera'qualcuno di fiducia,secondo me.
A parte Vilma non siamo messi benissimo nel ruolo.
Su di voi,mi sorprendo ogni volta lego i tuoi scritti.Mi pare che il vostro Patron nella conferenza stampa di poco tempo fa' fosse stato cristallino anche (e soprattutto)con il panza.
Che pero'pare sordo,visti i risultati...
The Answer Palermitano
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL Team: Philadelphia Eagles
NBA Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers

Post by The Answer Palermitano »

saints68 wrote:Mi sono spiegato male io:spero riesca a migliorare la difesa sulle corse ma che mantenga il suo marchio di fabbrica con difese aggressive e "blitzaiole".
Non trovera'terreno arido in questo senso:Williams ha messo su una difesa super aggressiva dove pero'blitzavano in primis S e poi il front four.
Harper e' il nostro miglior cacciatore di QB quest'anno,il che e' tutto detto.
I rischi li paghi quando lo mandi in blitz e lasci Jenkins contro il Davis o il Gonzalez di turno a cui rende 15 kg e 10 cm.
Dunque mi auguro di vedere finalmente(senza scomodare la Doom Patrol di Jackson e Mills buonanima)menoesasperazione nel mandare i S in blitz e i LB piu'coinvolti.Probabile si portera'qualcuno di fiducia,secondo me.
A parte Vilma non siamo messi benissimo nel ruolo.
Su di voi,mi sorprendo ogni volta lego i tuoi scritti.Mi pare che il vostro Patron nella conferenza stampa di poco tempo fa' fosse stato cristallino anche (e soprattutto)con il panza.
Che pero'pare sordo,visti i risultati...

assolutamente d'accordo con quanto dici, sicuramente in tal senso oltre a Spagnuolo può aiutare anche il personale a disposizione, avete bisogno di migliorare il personale nei LB (un po come noi :biggrin: ) per sistemare un po le corse e anche le marcature sui TE. A mio modo di vedere.
Su di noi io sinceramente mi sto rendendo conto che la conferma di Reid da parte di Lurie sia quasi una scelta di Lurie di mandare allo sbando la squadra così da non aver più motivi validi per tenersi il Panza . Gli ha detto che gli dava carta bianca sul coaching staff, quindi in teoria gli ha detto a Reid che poteva scegliere lo staff, però subito dopo ha detto anche che il mettere Castillo la come DC è stato il più grande "mistake" della Off Season e che Castillo non era la 1° scelta della società...mi sembravano messaggi CHIARISSIMI, ma evidentemente ti ripeto, io credo che Lurie voglia mandare allo sbando la squadra e Reid. Avesse avuto a cuore che Reid la smettesse di fare stronzate di suoi pugno avrebbe detto "Castillo è stata una scelta di Reid, ed è stato un'errore, siccome io sono l'Owner e ci metto i soldi, da oggi Castillo è quindi licenziato", invece la sua frase è stata "Castillo è stata una scelta di Reid, ed è stato un'errore, ma nonostante tutto, può scegliere lui lo staff"....qualcosa mi puzza , ma vabbè questa non è la sede giusta per discuterne.
Image Image Image
alessio14
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: New York Yankees
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Boston Celtics

Post by alessio14 »

saints68
Senior
Senior

Post by saints68 »

Dopo giorni di "depressione"sono leggermente piu'ottimista riguardo la FA dei santi.
Colston e dirigenza stanno lavorando in queste ore ad un contratto a lunga scadenza e pure Nicks ha ricevuto stanotte l'offerta che tanto si lamentava su Twitter di non ricevere dal suo team.Il suo agente l'ha definita"rispettabile".
Lui sembra abbia preso tempo per pensarci e parlarne ai famigliari.
Io credo se ne andra',o perlomeno aspettera' di vagliare le offerte di stasera che non credo tarderanno ad arrivare.
Meachem e Porter sembrano ormai lontani da NO.
Due artefici del SB che ricordero'con affetto anche se Porter da dopo l'anello non ha piu'giocato ai suoi livelli per svariati motivi.
Alle 21 si parte con la free agency. :forza:
Luca1983
Rookie
Rookie
NFL Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NBA Team: Los Angels Lakers

Post by Luca1983 »

Nicks ora è a Tampa a sentire cosa hanno da proporgli, io credo che o realizzano il suo desiderio e lo rendono la G più pagata della lega o torna a NO e firma.

Machem ai Chargers, mentre Porter ancora libero. Non mi spiego perchè Tampa non abbia piazzato anche lui su quel volo, come CB siamo imbarazzanti..
Militante del movimento "SI' MAGNUS" per il suo ritorno su Playit.
Stanotte, godiamocela, e vaffanculo a tutti coloro che ci hanno voluto male (cit)
crazytuna
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crazytuna »

Quello che penso del Bounty scandal l'ho scritto nel topic dedicato, qui parlo della FA
Il Front Office si stava muovendo bene fino all'arrivo delle sanzioni, rifirmato Colston e sostituito degnamente Nicks con Grubbs, ci si stava muovendo verso un rafforzamento della D.
Mi spiace molto per la perdita di Meach...a me è sempre piaciuto molto.
Ora rifirmare Brees e vedere cosa avanza di cap.

Vado a piangere :piango: