Soccer Talk USA (English language only)

Il Punto d'incontro dei Fans di MLS di Play.it USA
francospicciariello
Senior
Senior

Soccer Talk USA (English language only)

Post by francospicciariello »

Soccer Talk is a forum where English is the only admitted language.
This topic was created in order to allow soccer fans from all over the world to write and discuss about it in a universal language.
Staff invites all users to respect this simple rule,

Thank you for your attention and enjoy PlayitUSA.com MLS Forum.

------------------------------

Soccer Talk è una sezione del forum in cui si posta rigorosamente in lingua inglese.
Questa sezione nasce per dare voce a tutti gli appassionati del soccer USA che trovano più comodo scrivere in lingua inglese piuttosto che in italiano.
Lo staff quindi vi invita a rispettare questa semplice regola e, ricordando che avete a disposizione l'intero forum per chiacchierare liberamente, vi augura una buona permanenza sul forum MLS di PlayitUSA.com.

Grazie.
... I'm soccer crazy... MLS, NASL, USL, NCAA Soccer,  MISL, everything about US soccer (and even Canadian). C'mon pioneers...
francospicciariello
Senior
Senior

Re: Soccer Talk USA (English language only)

Post by francospicciariello »

Welcome to the English language only section of Playitusa.com MLS Forum.
Here you can find a bunch of crazy Italian guys who - nobody knows why - love all the things about US soccer. We even have some nostalgic pepole who go crazy for the gridiron lines when soccer is played, like in the NASL time.

If you are American/British/Australian or whatever other English mother tongue, you'll find in this forum several grammar errors. Please, be nice to us. Consider that, according to the EU, only 20-30% of Italian people speaks English but I think that only 10% is fluent. Thus, in some way here you will find some kind of an élite  :lmao:.

Thank you for visiting us.
... I'm soccer crazy... MLS, NASL, USL, NCAA Soccer,  MISL, everything about US soccer (and even Canadian). C'mon pioneers...
Gilbertology
Pro
Pro

Post by Gilbertology »

francospicciariello wrote: Welcome to the English language only section of Playitusa.com MLS Forum.
Here you can find a bunch of crazy Italian guys who - nobody knows why - love all the things about US soccer. We even have some nostalgic pepole who go crazy for the gridiron lines when soccer is played, like in the NASL time.

If you are American/British/Australian or whatever other English mother tongue, you'll find in this forum several grammar errors. Please, be nice to us. Consider that, according to the EU, only 20-30% of Italian people speaks English but I think that only 10% is fluent. Thus, in some way here you will find some kind of an élite  :lmao:.

Thank you for visiting us.
10% is a huge percentage! I think that less than 5% of italians can speak proper english at a level where they can have a full conversation...anyways, welcome to all the MLS from all over the world.

In the US soccer is growing at a fast pace, especially in the area where I leave soccer is becoming very big (all South Florida). Despite that soccer is still a niche sport compared to the big 4, but I'm seeing big improvements in the organization of the whole movement.

The only thing I don't agree with is the close number league, with no possibility for other teams to get to the MLS or for bad teams to be relegated in a lower division. This is what I think would bring some excitement and interest in the soccer movement, because you would have more teams involved (with nasl and usl2) and more chances for young players to be noticed. But I guess this system is too "european" and it would be too hard for the US market to accept it.

So here comes my questions for you US supporters:
  • how would you see a professional soccer system where there are 3 professional divisions where your team can do very good and stay on top, or have a bad season and go down to a lower division?
    Would you like it?
    Why or why not?
Last edited by francospicciariello on 26/03/2010, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
blackiesan74
Rookie
Rookie
MLB Team: Boston Red Sox
NFL Team: New England Patriots
NBA Team: Boston Celtics
NHL Team: Boston Bruins

Post by blackiesan74 »

Hi to all MLS fans from all over the world (and from Italy, of course)!

Gilbertology, here is my point of view. I wouldn't like a soccer system like the ones European leagues are based on; that's because of the average American sport fan, who is accustomed to have a close league, with no promotion/relegation, where you can always find the same teams. I think USA need some time to look favorably at this kind of scheduling, or single table.

Besides (and it's an issue I'm deeply persuaded of) investors/owners won't put money in the "soccer affair" if there's even a low risk to lose their investment. I'd guess they'd prefer put their money in lacrosse, in cooking courses or in publishing books about 17th century philosophers...
Last edited by blackiesan74 on 26/03/2010, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
"E che cosa sarebbe la Bi-zona? È forse la zona per tornare in serie B?" "No, Bi-zona sta per Bis-zona, cioè 2 volte zona. È come se a lei dico Bi-stro, che non è francese. Vuol dire 2 volte stronzo. Arrivederci"
L'Allenatore nel Pallone