Marcomax
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: Cleveland Indians
NFL Team: Cleveland Browns
NBA Team: Cleveland Cavaliers

Re: Cleveland Browns

Post by Marcomax »

The Browns are one of three top 10 teams that have had "very preliminary talks'' with the Rams about trading up for the No. 2 pick to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Tuesday night.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _prel.html

Dopo averlo visto è sopratutto sentito alle combine sono definitivamente pronto a salire sul RG3 bandwagon. :forza:
Game Over, bye-bye.
Marcomax
Senior
Senior

Post by Marcomax »

Il Plain Dealer ha pubblicato un'interessante intervista a Peyton Hillis dove vengono toccati tutti gli argomenti caldi degli ultimi giorni(CIA, valzer di agenti, contratto ecc..) :
CLEVELAND -- Browns running back Peyton Hillis, in an exclusive interview with the Plain Dealer today, said an ESPN report that he told coaches he was contemplating retirement toward the end of the season and joining the CIA was "100% false'' and "it makes me sound insane.''

He said he feels someone came up with the report to try to devalue him in free agency, but he has no idea who would do such a thing.

He also explained the firing of three agents in the past year, stressing that his last agent, Kennard McGuire, wasn't able to get anything done with the Browns and that he wanted to find someone who could.

He also said he'd love to stay with the Browns and that he'd take a "hometown discount'' to do so. He also said he thinks the team wants him to test the open market beginning next week and that he'd love to hear what they have to offer.
Here are some excerpts from the 30-minute interview:

ON HIM CONTEMPLATING RETIREMENT: "That's ridiculous. I never one time mentioned anything to any coach about retirement or joining the CIA or anything like that. That's pretty much ridiculous and 100% false. I don't know what's going on or who came up with a story like that, but they should've come up with a better one to make it sound more legit.''

ON THE CIA REFERENCE: "It makes me sound insane. Why would you give up football to go to the CIA? It's ridiculouos and it hurts what people think about you. And I think it's very unfair.''

ON THIS HURTING HIS REPUTATION: "Someone is trying to downplay my name. I really don't cause a big raucous. I pretty much keep my mouth quiet and go about my business. For this to happen, it was a rough year and I expected to come out here and be prepared for free agency or whatever the case may be, and to have all of this stuff come up before free agency is just ridiculous. I've always been a player that's gone out there and done my best. I've overcome a lot of obstacles and proved a lot of people wrong throughout my time. Right now, to have this stuff kind of hanging over your head, especially when it's 100% false, it's kind of rough. You know what kind of guy you are, you know what kind of player you are.

ON PAT SHURMUR NOT HEARING RETIREMENT/CIA TALK: "That should prove it right there. Whoever came up with the story should get their facts straight. You'd think if one coach would know, the other would know and so that tells you right there it's totally false.''

ON FIRING AGENTS: "The whole deal with Jimmy Sexton, my first agent, he was a great agent. There was nothing wrong, but it was just the marketing side. With the whole Madden cover thing coming up, they were able to get ahold of my brother Kyle, which enabled me to be part of that contest. I probably wouldn't be on the Madden cover if they hadn't reached Kyle. So it was more about marketing than anything else. Then I signed up with Kelli Masters. She had a good head on her shoulders and she worked really hard for me, but we felt at the time she hadn't done too many big contracts. We felt like this is the biggest time of our lives and we've got to make sure we had the right person going in. It was nothing against her. Then we signed Kennard McGuire, and we kept him all year, but things weren't getting done between him and the Browns, and a couple of days ago we decided to let him go.''

ON AN AGENT THAT COULD DEAL WITH BROWNS: "My priority was to find an agent that could get a deal done with the Browns. I've said all along that this was where I wanted to be, and I wanted to work with someone who had a good relationship with the Browns. I've heard from a few people, but I haven't made a decision yet.''

ON STAYING WITH BROWNS: "I've always loved this city and I still do love it and I still want to play for the Cleveland Browns. I'm not sure who wants me there and who doesn't want me there. It's out of my hands at this point. They've said they might want to re-sign me. If I was this horrible person, if I wasn't tough and if I was that big of a mental case, why would they still want to sign me? No matter what happens, I think I proved again and again wherever I go I think I'll make a splash.''

ON TAKING A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT: "Yea, of course, just because I want to be a Brown. It just depends on what they want to do. When free agency gets here, I'd love to hear them out.''

ON TESTING FREE AGENCY: "At this point, it looks like I'll have to. With the agent situation, I can't sign an agent for a few days, and I heard they just franchised Phil Dawson -- and I'm happy for him. I think they want me to test the free agent market and see what I can do out there.''

ON INTEREST FROM OTHER TEAMS: "I really don't know yet. I would think there would be. I think I've proven myself to be a hard-nosed back that can get the tough yardage and I think some teams will appreciate that.''

ON IF HE WAS ASKING FOR THE MOON: "It was nowhere near what people thought it was. I wasn't asking for $7 million a year. The Browns finally offered $25 million or $26 million over four or five years, but it was only about $1.2 million a year in the first three years. Then it was backloaded with a large amount that wasn't guaranteed. It wasn't the money, it's just how it was structured.''
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... n_hil.html

Franchise tag per Dawson: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _fran.html
Game Over, bye-bye.
Marcomax
Senior
Senior

Post by Marcomax »

Nella giornata di ieri è stato tagliato Pashos(RT), lui naturalmente non l'ha presa molto bene: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... pasho.html
Game Over, bye-bye.
marolla
Rookie
Rookie
NFL Team: Tim Tebow

Post by marolla »

Scusate, una domanda.
Ma per "Browns" cosa si intende?
Marroni? Castagne? o Cosa?
Whatarush
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Pittsburgh Pirates
NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Whatarush »

marolla wrote:Scusate, una domanda.
Merde!! :stillersom9:
Marcomax
Senior
Senior

Post by Marcomax »

marolla wrote:Scusate, una domanda.
La leggenda narra che il nicknames Browns sia stato scelto traminte votazione popolare a metà degli anni 40, la maggiornza sostiene che il nome sia stato scelto in onore di Paul Brown.
Game Over, bye-bye.
pandu86
Pro
Pro
NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by pandu86 »

Whatarush wrote: Merde!! :stillersom9:
io sapevo nuovi marroni o Clowns :stillersom9:

Play without fear and you will be successful! See you at center ice.

2x MVP Meeting Separatista NFL (Torreglia 2009, Siena 2011)
Otter
Rookie
Rookie
NFL Team: detroit lions

Post by Otter »

da wikipedia: The Cleveland Browns were founded in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference, under businessman Arthur B. "Mickey" McBride.[6] Not long after gaining the franchise, McBride named Ohio State Buckeyes coach Paul Brown as vice president, general manager and head coach. The franchise conducted a team naming contest in 1945. The most popular submission was "Browns" in recognition of Paul Brown, already an established and popular figure in Ohio sports. Brown at first objected to the name and the team selected from the contest entries the name "Panthers". However, after an area businessman informed the team that he owned the rights to the name Cleveland Panthers from an earlier failed football team, the name was finally changed to Browns. How they decided on the name Browns in the end remains a subject of debate. The Cleveland Plain Dealer and The Official NFL Encyclopedia of Pro Football both credit Paul Brown himself. On the other hand, the franchise's media relations office credits the nickname as a shortened version of Brown Bombers (the plural of boxer Joe Louis' nickname), the result of a naming contest in 1946
Otter
Rookie
Rookie
NFL Team: detroit lions

Post by Otter »

La prima conferenza stampa di Jimmy Haslam in qualità di proprietario dei Browns...la premessa e' che la squadra rimarrà certamente a Cleveland.

Il colossale investimento (un miliardo di dollari ) farebbe pensare che il nuovo owner abbia intenzioni serie...
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... -move-team

La speranza e' che i Browns abbiano trovato un proprietario che voglia investire in modo adeguato su di una franchigia storica che è tempo torni su livelli decenti in una conference piuttosto competitiva.

Da tifoso Lions posso testimoniare che, con una dirigenza competente, è possibile in pochi anni passare dal disastro assoluto ad avere una squadra competitiva...in tal senso spero che alcune delle scelte fatte da Cleveland ai draft (Richardson in primis ma ho anche grande curiosità per Weeden) possano produrre alcuni esiti positivi già da quest'anno.
Marcomax
Senior
Senior

Post by Marcomax »

Eccolo qui:

Ho letto praticamente solo ottime cose sul suo conto, consiglio ad esempio il seguente articolo:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ay_cl.html

Vedremo cosa combinerà, si è presentato sicuramente molto bene.

Notizia meno buona Gocong(LB) out per tutta la stagione, si è infortunato sabato al tendine di achille.
Game Over, bye-bye.
mr.kerouac
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Boston Red Sox
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Brooklyn Nets

Post by mr.kerouac »

difesa davvero pazzesca. c'è da dire che avere un invertebrato dietro al centro non aiuta
Ci sono squadre che a certe temperature si squagliano, altre che lievitano. Classe, storia: Milan.
"mr.kerouac [...] sa essere cattivo con pochissime parole". (Angyair)

azazel
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Chicago Cubs
NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys
NBA Team: Washington Wizards
NHL Team: Florida Panthers

Post by azazel »

Marco, ti scrivo qui, tratto dal live:
Marcomax wrote: Weeden ha giocato comunque una buona partita purtroppo non valorizzata dai numerosi drop e il solito play-calling atroce di Shurmur.

Trent non può toccare meno di 20 volte l'ovale in un partita del genere.
Lo notavo anche durante la partita, pensavo "continuano a lanciare, anche sui primi down, adesso prima o poi li colpiscono con le corse", ma era sempre più poi che prima. Comunque Trent è un fenomeno. E Weeden pur con limitazioni per il momento evidenti, bene o male in questa lega ci sta, mi è sembrato abbastanza pretestuoso, soprattutto dalla NFL Network, ma anche da vari analisti su twitter, l'inneggiare a Colt McCoy dopo i primi 2 drive brutti del "roscio".

Su Weeden, sinceramente non capivo quel continuo chiamargli schemi con uno steps drop così corto, rimaneva ingabbiato dentro la sua linea e lanciava sempre sporco, peraltro non mi pare nemmeno un QB che si adatta molto a quel tipo di tracce dei suoi WR.
cernottantasei
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: San Francisco Giants
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Los Angeles Clippers
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Post by cernottantasei »

Cribbs è molto fortunato ad essere vivo!
davelavarra
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Team: Washington Redskins
NBA Team: Houston Rockets
NHL Team: Anaheim Ducks

Post by davelavarra »

Weeden mi è piaciuto in questa partita, ovviamente c'è da dire che l'attacco è gestito male (chi fa le chiamate? Childress? bleah!), che Richardson poteva essere utilizzato di più, che i ricevitori dei Browns hanno mani di legno come nessun altro nella lega. Dopo l'inizio difficoltoso Weeden ha diretto dei buoni drive, eseguito conversioni non proprio facili di terzi down e lungo, dimostrato di avere presenza nella tasca e comprensione di ciò che gli accade attorno, ed il pick six sembra più una grandissima giocata di Cary Williams che non una vaccata del quarterback.

Peccato, perchè in difesa la squadra non è messa male, è molto migliorata contro le corse ed ha una front line molto consistente, stanotte si è finalmente svegliato Sheard, che se ritrova la continuità dello scorso anno è proprio un gran bel giocatore.

C'è tanta, ma tanta gioventù a Cleveland, la squadra forse meno esperta della Nfl.
azazel
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Chicago Cubs
NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys
NBA Team: Washington Wizards
NHL Team: Florida Panthers

Post by azazel »

Il fatto che Weeden tendi sempre all'overthrown (almeno in questa partita), come può essere spiegato tatticamente o tecnicamente?!
Era un "difetto" presente anche nelle altre per chi le ha viste? I ricevitori erano spesso chiamati a ricezioni in salto e/o in massima estensione.