Re: [Stanleit] Trade Commission

Il canale della Dinasty NHL
superjoe2001
Rookie
Rookie

Post by superjoe2001 »

^Tex^ wrote: I protest the Price trade.

Denver just sold one highly touted prospect (1st round pick,also) and a 3rd round for a overrated goalie with only one year left in his contract (and a huge salary), with better goalies available both RFAs/UFAs.
Just for example a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder will be the compensation in case of an offer sheet 6.2M/3years to Niemi...not exactly the same situation.
The following is my rationale for the trade: I lost Nabakov to the KHL. I was totally willing to risk not having a 2nd round pick in a trade for him because I value goalies like him. However, I needed to make up for this loss. As such, I was willing to lose a 1st and a 3rd for a goalie like Brodeur. However, I made an offer to Philly for Brodeur and heard no response from the douche-bag (I was offering him a 1st round pick). I know that if I make an RFA offer for Brodeur that it will at least get matched because Philly has a lot of cap space to go around with. Furthermore, a guy like Quick can be had as a UFA. However, with Bernier coming up through the L.A. system, I am not sure even if he can hold onto his starting job. The pickings for a starting goalie are slim. As such, I was willing to sacrifice a goaltending prospect (who may not be ready for the NHL for years to come) and a 3rd rounder for 2012. Price has been anointed as the starting goalie for Montreal. His high salary for one season does not concern me as I have the necessary cap space to deal with it. I am paying so much because I know he has some good talent. What's more, if Price does have a good season, I can make him as an RFA for my team. I am not making a huge commitment to him. But, the upside for him is there. So, it's a bit of a risk on my point. But, I want a 3rd starting goalie for my team. Also, the third round pick is irrelevant for me. 3rd round picks are traded around here like on one's business. As well, goalies are such a different animal to predict when compared to other prospects. Who knows how good Campbell may be later on? He is greatly hyped...maybe to my advantage though. So, please, guys, let this trade pass. It was a conscious decision on my part to make this trade to ensure that I can continue to be a competitive team without giving up some of my other better assets (i.e. like Colborne, whom Mik was originally asking for). Besides, it sounds like Mik won't give up Price any other way right now.
Last edited by superjoe2001 on 11/07/2010, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Yahoo! H2H Champion and 2010 Stanleit Western Conference Champion
Snipeshow

Post by Snipeshow »

Do you guys ever let a trade go through without putting it under review? Not everybody values players the same. Jack Campbell is at least 4-5 years away from being in the NHL. Price will now be the bonafide starter on the Habs. Whether that's good or bad, we'll see this year. Maybe without somebody breathing down his neck he'll be a bit better.

Seriously, just because somebody wins the trade, doesn't mean it should be reviewed. GM's in the NHL win trades all the time. It's not like he went and traded Henrik Sedin for Carey Price. He traded a goalie that is multiple years from playing in the NHL, for a goalie that can help him now. Whether Carey Price is good in your mind, shouldn't affect whether he is good or not in Denver's mind.
kachlex
NHL Team: Ottawa

Post by kachlex »

protest a trade is a legitimate thing. Commission is here to decide what's wrong and what's right.
Here the commission decision:
Denver sells:     
  Jack Campbell (1st rounder 2010 - #13 overall)
  Entry Draft Pick 2012 Round 3 from Denver

New York sells:
  Carey Price - 6.2M - till 2011
TRADE IS ACCEPTED.

Here the commissione thoughts.
- Price is overrated is not a valid camparison element. But we can judge his stats  (sv% 0.912 gaa 2.77 w 13 in 40 gp). Average stats, maybe, but he was not a starter last year as he (very probably) will this one.
- how much does a starter cost? A 1st rounder + 3rd rounder is the RFA value so what Denver can receive next year maybe. Analyzing past goalie trades we can see that this trade is in line with the past.

Ex:
Pitts sell Brodeur to Phila for LeClaire, 1st e 2nd.
Mason (RFA) = 1st + 3rd.
Luongo (2 years @ 7.4M) = 1st (5th overall) + 3rd + Antropov (2 years @ 4.6M - this year 60-70P).
etc
- Also the lack of starter goalie in the FA market (< of demand) can raise their cost. This can be a factor.

So, NY maybe won the trade (we can remember they took Price for a bag of pucks from LA!) but this is not a reason for trade blocking.
Last edited by kachlex on 12/07/2010, 9:04, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]ImageImage Honolulu Lilied Piranhas - 2012 Stanleit Cup Champions Image[/align]
bure
Pro
Pro
NHL Team: Batteries :truzzo:

Post by bure »

Right decision by the TC.

now..

may Price SUCK!

New York Batteries, the 2009 and 2010 and 2011 (and only) Stanleit Cup Champions.
TheDominator
Rookie
Rookie
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks,Sabres/Kings

Post by TheDominator »

who cares?

price is a piece of garbage anyways

[align=left]
  • Hasek > Roy
  • Pronger Sucks
  • and Fuck Crosby
[/align]

zaghibar
Rookie
Rookie
MLB Team: Cleveland Indians
NFL Team: San Francisco 49rs
NBA Team: Boston Celtics
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by zaghibar »

Scusate commissioners ma c'è un motivo per cui la trade con Honolulu non è ancora stata processata e risulta pending?
Contestazioni non ce ne sono state, sono passati più di tre giorni...
[img width=241 height=150]http://www.awflags.com/images/prod254.jpg[/img]
Hobbit83
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Toronto Blue Jays
NFL Team: GreenBay Packers/Toronto Argos
NBA Team: Toronto Raptors
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
Location: Palasport Flaminio, RN / Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, BO

Post by Hobbit83 »

zaghibar wrote: Scusate commissioners ma c'è un motivo per cui la trade con Honolulu non è ancora stata processata e risulta pending?
Contestazioni non ce ne sono state, sono passati più di tre giorni...
Il motivo si chiama Off-season....

7 giorni di attesa.
zaghibar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zaghibar »

Hobbit83 wrote: Il motivo si chiama Off-season....
7 giorni di attesa.
..ma che senso ha scusate? ...che utilità ha questa regola?
Anzi, in off-season dovrebbe essere tutto più dinamico e veloce. Io credo.
kachlex

Post by kachlex »

zaghibar wrote: ..ma che senso ha scusate? ...che utilità ha questa regola?
Anzi, in off-season dovrebbe essere tutto più dinamico e veloce. Io credo.
Poiche' in offseason e' piu' probabile che la gente segua di meno, e non essendoci alcuna esigenza di spostare i giocatori da una squadra all'altra il prima possibile, si e' scelto di mettere un tempo di processo della trade lungo: cosi tutti se ne faranno una ragione
[align=center]ImageImage Honolulu Lilied Piranhas - 2012 Stanleit Cup Champions Image[/align]
Snipeshow

Post by Snipeshow »

I don't understand.
kachlex

Post by kachlex »

Snipeshow wrote: I don't understand.
Nothing to learn  :D. zaghibar just asked why trades stay accepted for so long during the offseason (before be really done swapping players).
The reason is that during offseason people not always follows the forum, so we leave more time to permit comment and protest a trade (not this case...obviously).
Snipeshow

Post by Snipeshow »

Too bad there is no "Translate to English" for this forum haha.
bure
Pro
Pro

Post by bure »

kachlex wrote: Nothing to learn  :D. zaghibar just asked why trades stay accepted for so long during the offseason (before be really done swapping players).
The reason is that during offseason people not always follows the forum, so we leave more time to permit comment and protest a trade (not this case...obviously).
and as you added in Italian, during the off-season there's NO need to rush things anyway...
however, we are now less than a week away from the start of FA, so the time available to protest the next eventual trades will go progressively down, as it is the time left until the deadline set for september 7th at 12 o'clock.

New York Batteries, the 2009 and 2010 and 2011 (and only) Stanleit Cup Champions.
zaghibar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zaghibar »

kachlex wrote: Nothing to learn  :D. zaghibar just asked why trades stay accepted for so long during the offseason (before be really done swapping players).
I don't get it and I stay with my opinion that right because we are getting close to the free agency, things should be faster in order to allow franchises to make moves. of any kind.
Furthermore, if GMs don't check the site/forum often in this period it is their problem (why should you allow careless GMs to be in rights to speak if they do not care?). Mods and trade commissioners do, are they more stupid than others? Don't think so.

In the end, no problem for the specific case of my trade wit Honolulu but I think the rule should change for the future.

bure
Pro
Pro

Post by bure »

zaghibar wrote: I don't get it and I stay with my opinion that right because we are getting close to the free agency, things should be faster in order to allow franchises to make moves. of any kind.
Furthermore, if GMs don't check the site/forum often in this period it is their problem (why should you allow careless GMs to be in rights to speak if they do not care?). Mods and trade commissioners do, are they more stupid than others? Don't think so.
We deemed fine for GMs to check stuff around only once per week during the OFF-season, people leave for vacations on different times during the Summer and we saw no reason not to give everyone the opportunity to still have a word on ongoing trades.

However, i do think you have a point that things should go faster when approaching the start of the free agency session; we didn't think about the fact waiting for a trade to be processed could somehow hamper further moves leading to FA. Keep in mind, though, that pending trades get counted against the cap, so i think a pending trade already frees up cap room for your team; but yeah, a GM might want to be sure about a trade being approved before completing potentially conflicting moves soon after, so we will talk about this inside the LG to fix things for next year.