Re: NBA Quotes & Anecdotes

Il Punto d'incontro dei Fans NBA di Play.it USA
unifaun1973
Rookie
Rookie

Post by unifaun1973 »

Hank Luisetti wrote:
N3lLo wrote:Credo che anche Francesco potrebbe essere d'accordo, per una volta.
Mettendo KB nel secondo comunque.. e forse Wilt nel primo..

Io.. senza fare intercessioni di ruolo, e quindi senza mettere Bill da PF e Wilt da C.. sarei andato tendenzialmente così:

First Team

PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF Larry Bird
PF Tim Duncan
C Bill Russell

Second Team

PG Oscar Robertson
SG Jerry West
SF Julius Erving
PF Bob Pettit
C Wilt Chamberlain

Third Team

PG Isaiah Thomas
SG Kobe Bryant
F Elgin Bayolor
F Karl Malone
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

... senza fare eccezioni di ruolo..
...non voglio fare quello che cambia le carte in tavola anche perchè so che queste cose portano a lunghe e stancanti discussioni però...

Personalmente uno Scottie Pippen nel secondo quintetto io me lo prenderei !! ...accetto anche di metterlo nel terzo e spostare Baylor al secondo...

Stockton prima di Isaiah tutta la vita...soprattutto se nella stessa squadra c'è Malone !
dipper 2.0
Rookie
Rookie
NBA Team: portland trail blazers

Re: Re: NBA Quotes & Anecdotes

Post by dipper 2.0 »

GecGreek wrote:Riporto 3 cose riguardo Wilt, per prima una citazione da una sua autobiografia:

"I was 30 years old when the ’66–’67 season began, and I was maturing as a man, and learning that it was essential to keep my teammates happy if I wanted my team to win.

I not only began passing off more and scoring less, I also made a point of singling my teammates out for praise—publicly and privately.

I realize now that this is the kind of thing that helped make O. J. Simpson’s teams at USC and Bill Walton’s teams at UCLA so successful. The same is true of Joe Namath and the Jets.

O.J. and Bill and Joe always praise their teammates. They remember the name of every key guy who throws a key block or makes a good assist or a good defensive play, and they tell the player—and the press—all about it. That can’t help but make the player try even harder the next time, instead of maybe letting down, subconsciously, because he’s tired of being ignored and hearing how great you are all the time.

I was just learning this lesson in 1966, and it was reflected in my statistics. Instead of me averaging 40 points a game, we had a great scoring balance. Hal Greer averaged 22.1, Chet averaged 19.3, and Billy averaged 18.5. Luke Jackson and Wali Jones also averaged in double figures. That’s the kind of balance Boston always had."
A 30 anni l'ha capito!

Seconda cosa, anche questa in un'altra sua biografia:
Nel 65 (l'anno prima) quando i warriors lo tradarono, il proprietario dei Lakers era interessato a Wilt e chiese alla sua squadra se dovesse provare a prendere Wilt mettendola ai voti: 9 a 2 contro! Wilt torna a Philly sponda 76ers. La spiegazione di Wilt:"I guess guys like Elgin Baylor and Jerry West were afraid I’d come to L.A. and take some of their glory away." Come sapete poche stagioni dopo andrà lo stesso ai Lakers.

Terza ed ultima cosa: Nelle stagioni '62 (quella del 50 di media, tripladoppia di media di Robertson tra gli altri) la Media di possessi per squadra a partita fu 140. La più alta della storia (ai giorni nostri come media siamo intorno a 100). E per tutta la decade dei '60 siamo attorno ai 130.
Fino al '62 (oltre a esserci si e no due centri e mezzo in tutta la lega) non esisteva l'interferenza offensiva, e Wilt era solito "rubare" punti ai suoi compagni, deviando i tiri quando erano in parabola discendente di poco sopra al canestro canestro, rimpinguando anche la voce rimbalzi in quel modo.
Per finire, quella stagione Wilt giocò OLTRE 48 minuti di media, perchè non usciva letteralmente mai. L'allenatore non lo toglieva e lui smetteva di difendere dopo il 4° fallo (in realtà questo lo ha fatto tutta la carriera perchè voleva ritirarsi senza mai essere una volta espulso per falli).

Sperando di scuotere un pò di quest'aura leggendaria attorno alle prestazioni di Wilt.
Chamberlain è Dio, poco da discutere
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

ESPN's Friday NBA Countdown show: "Who Are the Five Best Power Forwards in the NBA?"

John Barry's list:

1) Kevin Love
2) Blake Griffin
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4) Paul Millsap
5) Ryan Anderson

Magic Johnson selection:

1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Blake Griffin
3) Kevin Love
4) Pau Gasol
5) LaMarcus Aldridge

Ps: Johnson definisce Chris Bosh come il miglior "best all around" power forward
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

The 20th Member of the 25,000 Point Club

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
Karl Malone 36,928
Michael Jordan 32,292
Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
Kobe Bryant 30,861
Julius Erving 30,026
Moses Malone 29,580
Shaquille O'Neal 28,596
Dan Issel 27,482
Elvin Hayes 27,313
Hakeem Olajuwon 26,946
Oscar Robertson 26,710
Dominique Wilkins 26,668
George Gervin 26,595
John Havlicek 26,395
Alex English 25,613
Rick Barry 25,279
Reggie Miller 25,279
Jerry West 25,192
Kevin Garnett 25,009

Julius Erving, Moses Malone, Dan Issel, George Gervin e Rick Barry hanno giocato parte della loro carriera in ABA e Malone è l'unico di questi ad aver segnato almeno 25,000 points in NBA.. quest'ultima come molti media asseriscono che Garnett sia di fatti il 16° membro di questa elite dei 25,000 point club.

Erving e Garnett sono i soli membri di questa elite dei 25,000 point che hanno anche collezionato anche 10,000 rebounds, 5,000 assists, 1500 steals e 1500 blocked shots. Steals e blocked shots non erano conteggiati durante l'anno da rookie di Erving.
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

Two giants: Bill Russell - Wilt Chamberlain

Quotes Varie

Bill Russell: "Wilt, was my friend. That's always the first mistake. We were never rivals. We were competitors. A rivalry means there is a victor and a vanquished. In this case, there was never either a victor or a vanquished, just competitors. A lot of times I've heard people tell what they thought they knew. Well, they don't know (spit)."

Bill Russell: "People on the outside want to make snap evaluations, judgments about what makes a player, an athlete, a man based on criteria that is viewed through their own perceptions, what I know is that from the very first time I ever stepped onto a court and had to play against Wilt, I knew that nothing less than my very best would ever be enough.
The first time we played, I realized he was bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, more athletic than me, so it was going to take some kind of plan just to survive. Later on there was the night that he set the NBA record by getting 55 rebounds against us. As we used to say back then about the Houston police: He was kicking asses and taking names. And you know he did that a lot."

Tom Heinsohn: "He was such a great competitor, i still think Russell was the greatest player to play the game because of his impact. What he did couldn't be recorded in statistics. He changed the game and he made people change their offense. Other teams actually had a 'Russell offense.' How do you measure a guy not wanting to take a shot against him? It's not a block. It's not a shot attempt. It's not a miss. But that's what was going on. He intimidated the other team and he was the consummate winner.

Wilt would get his points when we played them. He had the ball on almost every possession trying to score. He was a terrific offensive player. You would try to make him take the shots that you wanted him to take. Instead of the dipper dunks and roll-ins, try to force the fallaway jumpers so if he missed, he was out of the play. Of course, there was his weakness at the free-throw line. Long before there was 'Hack-a'Shaq,' we had 'Whack Wilt.' Wilt was changing the game with his scoring and dunking and above the rim play, no doubt. But we were playing a team game because of Russell.

When you talk about the great player, it's got to be Russell. Wilt's got the stats. Russell's got the championships. What he gave our team couldn't be quantified. He just destroyed and ran guys out of the league. Neil Johnston was the league's leading scorer when Russell came in as a rookie and drove him right out of the league.

He totally revolutionized the game. They are still trying to emulate what Russell did today. All of the team concepts right now on defense were formulated out of the idea of what Bill Russell was doing 50 years ago."

Bill Russell: "I hear guys say that he couldn't have played in a different time, done the things that he did then today. That's bull(...). If Wilt were playing today, he would be even more dominant than he was then. I don't see a center out there now that could play against him.

The reason people don't believe that is because Wilt's numbers were so big, they seemed so impossible that they almost don't seem real. So they try to diminish the era and those he played against. People can't comprehend numbers like that, things that he did every night in just about every game. So they try to find a way to dismiss them or devalue them and try to make them not real.

You talk about a guy that averaged 50 points a game for the whole season. Now a guy averages 29 points or 30 points and he leads the league and everybody says he's the greatest scorer. Well, Wilt was 20 points a night better.

When I played against Wilt I used to assess how I was gonna play. He knew that I guarded him different every game. I had five sets, five different ways that I played against him. The main agenda was never to stop him. The agenda was to make him less efficient, so that if he got 40 points, he had to take 40 shots to get it. He was always the first option. So if he's taking 40 shots, then none of the rest of the guys on his team could ever pick up a rhythm. So their shooting percentages would go down. Because when you're shooting once every five minutes, there's no way you can consistently be a good shooter. You can't maintain any kind of rhythm. So I would never try to stop him and he knew that.

I had different ways of guarding him and the key was never trying to block his shots. For example, he had a fadeaway jump shot and he liked to take it from a particular spot left of the key. So I would try to move him one step to the left or one step to the right, so they he's shooting at a different angle. His angle changes without really looking like it's changing and so the shot would hit the rim and go off. That's making him less efficient. But if I were to block all those shots, he was also the smartest player I ever played against -- not even close -- and he would constantly be adjusting. That's why I had to have five different ways of guarding him.

We had a stretch one time where he made like 10 in a row on bank shots. I said to myself, 'There's something wrong with this picture.' What he had done was get into his crouch and rub me off and throw my timing off. So he's getting his shot off with no obstruction. So I figured it out and the next time he went to rub me off, I turned my body so that when he tried to rub me off he'd miss. So we would go through this dance, back and forth, me and him, action and reaction. When he's counting on rubbing me off and there's no contact that throws him off. It's those things we were always doing to each other.

On the night I heard he scored 100 points, I just said, 'I'm sure glad he wasn't playing against us.' Because he was always capable. It wasn't a complete surprise. It wasn't like he shocked everybody in the league by doing that. A lot of us always thought that it could happen."

Bill Russell: "We talked a lot in our post-career lives. One of my favorites is one time he called me up and he was so mad. I said, 'What's the matter, man?' He said Sports Illustrated did a story and they asked the question: 'Was Dennis Rodman the best rebounder ever?'
Wilt was beside himself. He said, 'I averaged more in a half than he did in a whole damned game and they're gonna tell a story that he was the best?
Well, Wilt and I are the only two guys that had over 20,000 rebounds and nobody else is even close. So I said, 'Yeah, Wilt. It's obvious you were the best rebounder ever, because I averaged 22.5 for 13 years. You averaged 22.9 for 14 years. So that makes you the best rebounder.'
He says, 'Well, I disagree with you.' I asked how he could, and Wilt said, 'In the playoffs, you averaged 24.9 a game and I was 24.5, and that's where the toughest rebounds are, because you're always playing against the better teams. That makes you the best rebounder.'
So you know what we decided between the two of us? Was Dennis Rodman the best rebounder ever? Man, that ain't worthy of discussion. And we had a great laugh.

That was our friendship. I miss it."
lebronpepps
Pro
Pro

Re: Re: NBA Quotes & Anecdotes

Post by lebronpepps »

bellissime queste citazioni!
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

An Hall of Fame in the shadows of the legends: Walt Bellamy

Walter Jones "Walt" Bellamy (211 cm, 102kg) entra in NBA nella stagione 1961-62, la stessa in cui Wilt Chamberlain dei Philadelphia Warriors fece una stagione monstre da 50 points e 25 rebounds per game con un picco di 100 points contro i New York Knicks. Lo stesso anno in cui Oscar Robertson ha mantenuto una tripla doppia di media da 30,8 punti, 11,4 assist (una delle medie NBA più alta) e 12,5 rimbalzi a partita per i Cincinnati Royals, l'anno in cui Bill Russell vinse il suo terzo trofeo di MVP e condusse i Boston Celtics al loro quarto titolo consecutivo.

Billy Cunningham: "What an offensive player! He was unique at the time because he was a big man who liked facing up to the basket. He could drive from the foul line or shoot that nice little jump shot. But you never perceived him as a back-you-down physical force like a traditional big man and maybe that's why he gets overlooked."

Wali Jones: "He gets lost in all of the history because of Wilt and Russell and their rivalry that lasted all those years, but if you look at the numbers, you've got to be impressed."

Bellamy ha collezionato una media di 20.1 ppg, 13.7 rpg, .516 FG pct nei suoi 13 anni da professionista! Al momento del ritiro nel 1974 si posizionava sesto all-time in NBA per punti segnati e terzo per rimbalzi. Medaglia d'Oro alle olimpiadi del 1960 insime a compagni come Robertson, Jerry West e Jerry Lucas!

Walt Bellamy "Winning that gold medal was the single highest achievement of my sports life"

Scelta n. 1 dei Chicago Packers (squadra d'espansione e veramente oscena..), Bellamy accumula sul campo numeri straordinari: 31,6 punti per partita di media (secondo record di punti a partita per un rookie dopo quelli di Wilt Chamberlain che erano ben 37,6) e ben 19 rimbalzi a partita ( terza miglior prestazione per un rookie sempre dopo Wilt Chamberlain e Bill Russell). Finì la stagione dietro al solo Chamberlain in punti, primo della lega invece nei field-goal percentage. La sua player efficiency rating of 26.3 dietro ai soliChamberlain (31.8) e Elgin Baylor (26.5). Centro titolare per il West all'All-Star Game.

Walt Bellamy: "It was a competitive time and we were all professionals, i relish when people bring up those days and the battles we had against each other. They were truly centers in those days. Not just in size, but also in endurance and leadership on the court. You didn't hear of centers playing 20 or 25 or 30 minutes a game back then. You played the entire game. I have always believed the centers of that time were the best conditioned athletes in professional sports."

Matt Guokas (compagno di Wilt): "He had a very dry wit and I think Wilt liked him, Wilt always wanted to win games, but I think Bellamy was one of the guys he never wanted to embarrass.

Big Bells had a lot of talent. He could hit that little turnaround from either side of the lane. He was such a nice guy. His teammates always liked him. He was good with the media. He was a little flaky. That was part of his schtick."

Bob Leonard: "Walt wasn't a highly motivated player night in and night out, he'd have some great games and then he'd have one where he didn't show up. But he was an excellent player."
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

Alvin Robertson: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

... e partiamo dal fondo.. dal Mr. Hyde.. una storia fuori dal campo legata alla violenza, agli abusi.. del 1990 il primo caso riportato quando deve scontare un mese di prigione per aver picchiato la moglie.. poi ancora nel 1997 dopo aver malmenato e cercato di forzare la sua ex ad avere rapporti con lui ancora un anno di prigione.. poi ancora un arresto nel 2007 a San Antonio per violenze domestiche.. la fine è tragica.. nel Febbraio 2010 viene arrestato in quanto ritenuto componente di un gruppo di persone che hanno rapito e costretto a prestazioni sessuali un bambino di 14 anni, viene condannato per questo a 3 anni di

... eppure la sua storia.. almeno quella alla luce è sfolgorante..ottima carriera al college, prima a Crowder Junior College e poi tre stagioni ad Arkansas, culminata con la selezione per le olimpiadi del 1984 vinte a Los Angeles da team USA... scelta numero 7 al primo giro al draft del 1984 da parte dei San Antonio Spurs.

Dopo un anno di assestamento (Gervin alla sua ultima stagione..) un'esplosione: 17 ppg, 6.3 rimbalzi 5.5 assist tirando con il 51% dal campo, riportando gli Speroni ai PO (seppur con record perdente)... ma soprattutto riesce a rubare ben 301 palloni in 82 partite giocate! ben 3.7 di media: Record NBA (tutt'oggi ineguagliato). Ovviamente primo nella lega.. si ripeterà in questa specialità anche nel 1987 e 1991; riuscendo nell'impresa di recuperare almeno un pallone a partita per ben 105 volte!! (record battuto solo da Chris Paul tra il 2007 ed il 2008 con 108). Terminerà con le media di 2.71 in 779 gare la più alta nella storia.

Nell’anno di grazia 1986 vince il premio di “Most Improved of the Year”, che veniva assegnato per la prima volta proprio in quella stagione, vince il premio come Miglior Difensore e viene convocato all’All Star Game per la prima di quattro volte consecutive.

Il 18 Febbraio 1986 Robertson entra ulteriormente nella storia diventando il secondo giocatore della storia NBA a realizzare una quadrupla doppia. All’Alamo Dome contro i Phoenix Suns nella vittoria per 120-114 Alvin Robertson diventa protagonista di una partita fantastica con 20 punti, 10 assist, 11 rimbalzi e 10 recuperi, prima di lui solo Nate Thurmond, con un overtime, era riuscito in tanto e dopo di lui solo Hakeem Olajuwon e David Robertson ripeteranno l’impresa. E lui rimane l’unico dei quattro a non essere un centro e ad aver “usato” i recuperi per completare l’incredibile statistica.

Buoni numeri personali, ma scarsi risultati di squadra portano Robertson a cambiar aria.. dal Texas a Milwaukee al termine della stagione 1988/89, altre discrete stagioni in maglia Bucks, con convocazione al quarto All Star Game nel 1991.

Poi un grave infortunio al ginocchio, i problemi extra basket di cui sopra lo portano a sparire dal panorama NBA per un paio di stagioni, fino al ritorno nella stagione 1995/96 in maglia Raptors alla prima stagione della franchigia Canadese nella lega. Ed anche qui un piccolo segno del suo passaggio Robertson riesce a lasciarlo, suo, infatti, è il primo canestro della storia dei Toronto Raptors, una tripla contro i New Jersey Nets. Alla fine di quella stagione, comunque giocata su livelli discreti, Robertson decide di ritirarsi.
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

NBA Record: Blocked Shots

Il Record delle stoppate è e rimarra sempre, assieme al record dei recuperi, un record parziale. Di fatti la prima stagione che una lega di Basketball Americano professionistico iniziò a conteggiare ufficilamente i Blocks è dalla stagione '72/'73 in ABA e dalla successiva in NBA. Campioni come Bill Russell che inventò the art of Blocks.. stoppare il tiro e con la stoppata stessa indirizzare il pallone ad un compagno libero per il contropiede.. Wilt Chamberlain (nelle note dei giornalisti al suo primo incontro da PRO riportano, oltre a 43 points con 17-20 e 22 rb dati riportati anche ufficilamente; ben 17 Blk!!) o ancora Nate Thurmond e tanti altri a cui sicuramente il record sarebbe appartenuto.. non sono della "partita".

Il Record ABA appartiene a due giocatori in concomitanza: Julius Keye e Caldwell Jones (il quale ha vinto la speciale classifica per ben due volte in ABA) con 12 Blocks.. ai PO invece è Artis Gilmore con 7 Blocks!

In NBA invece il record appartiene a colui che fu denominato “The Rejector”: Elmore Smith

Ps: ai PO il record è condiviso da tre persone: Andrew Bynum; Hakeem Olajuwon e Mark Eaton tutti con 10Blk

28 ottobre 1973 Elmore si produsse in ben 17 Stappate!

Elmore Smith sette piedi longilineo, scelto nel 1971 al primo giro con il numero 3 dai Buffalo Braves; inizio folgorante con una stagione da Rookie finita con ben 17 punti e 15.3 rimbalzi tutt’ora l’ottava prestazione di tutti i tempi per media rimbalzi per un rookie.

Dopo una buona seconda stagione a Smith si presentò l’occasione della vita: I Los Angeles Lakers che dopo il ritiro di Wilt Chamberlain, erano alla ricerca di un centro che potesse rimpiazzare!
La scelta cadde sul prodotto di Macon, Georgia, e proprio con i colori Giallo e Viola Smith scrisse la storia: al Forum di Inglewood, l’allora storica casa dei Lakers, nella vittoria per 111-98 contro i Portland Trail Blazers Smith alzò un muro invalicabile per gli attaccanti dei Blazers. 17 stoppate, le cronache ci dicono 12 con recupero del pallone, anche questo un altro piccolo record! Il povero Lloyd Neal ne prese da solo 7.

Quell’anno fu il primo in cui vennero conteggiate statisticamente le stoppate in NBA e redatta una relativa classifica che venne vinta a mani basse da Smith, quindi nella storia il primo vincitore della classifica della media stoppate, con 4.85 stoppate a partita, tutt’ora rimane la terza media più alta nella storia della lega.

NB: La ABA aveva già iniziato la stagione precedente.. non solo ma addiruttura nella stagione 1971/72 aveva tenuto un conteggio non ufficiale con Artis Gilmore con 422 Blocks in 84 partite, ovvero ben 5.15blkpg!!!

La carriera di Smith nei Lakers fu breve e a alla fine della stagione 1974/75 Smith fece parte della trade che insieme ad altri tre giocatori consentì ai Lakers di acquisire dai Milwaukee Bucks Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Smith giocò la stagione 1975/76 ai Milwaukee, poi l'anno successivo 1976/77, a Cleveland dove un serio infortunio ad un ginocchio mise fine alla sua carriera al termine della stagione 1978/79. Terminò la sua carriera nella lega con una media punti e rimbalzi in doppia cifra, più di 13 ppg e quasi 11 rimbalzi.

Most blocked shots per game; season:
8.7-Washington, 1985-86 (716/82)

Fewest blocked shots per game, season
2.6-Dallas, 1980-81 (214/82)

Most blocked shots, game
23-Toronto vs. Atlanta, March 23, 2001

Fewest blocked shots, game
0-By many teams

Most blocked shots, both teams, game
34-Detroit (19) vs. Washington (15), November 19, 1981

Fewest blocked shots, both teams, game

0-Seattle at Portland, November 22, 1973
0 - Atlanta at Phoenix, December 3, 1974
0 - Kansas City at New York, October 30, 1975
0 - Detroit at New York, November 29, 1975
0 - Houston at Los Angeles, January 22, 1978
0 - Buffalo at Atlanta, January 29, 1978
0 - Phoenix at Portland, November 25, 1979
0 - Washington at Dallas, February 10, 1982
0 - Miami at Detroit, January 2, 1994
0 - San Antonio at Milwaukee, November 14, 1995

Most blocked shots, one half

16-Toronto vs. Atlanta, March 23, 2001

Most seasons leading league
4-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Milwaukee, 1974-75; Los Angeles, 1975-76, 1978-79-1979-80
4 - Mark Eaton, Utah, 1983-84-1984-85; 1986-87-1987-88

Most consecutive seasons leading league
3-Dikembe Mutombo, Denver, 1993-94-1995-96

Most blocked shots, career
3,830-Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston, 1984-85-1997-98

Highest average, blocked shots per game, career
(minimum 400 games)

3.50-Mark Eaton, Utah, 1982-83-1992-93 (3,064/875)

Most blocked shots, season
456-Mark Eaton, Utah, 1984-85

Highest average, blocked shots per game, season (qualifiers)
5.56-Mark Eaton, Utah, 1984-85 (456/82)

Most blocked shots, rookie, season
397-Manute Bol, Washington, 1985-86

Highest average, blocked shots per game, rookie, season (qualifiers)
4.97-Manute Bol, Washington, 1985-86 (397/80)

Most blocked shots, game
17-Elmore Smith, Los Angeles vs. Portland, October 28, 1973

Most blocked shots, one half
11-Elmore Smith, Los Angeles vs. Portland, October 28, 1973
11 - George Johnson, San Antonio vs. Golden State, Feb. 24, 1981
11 - Manute Bol, Washington vs. Milwaukee, December 12, 1985

Most blocked shots, one quarter

8-Manute Bol, Washington vs. Milwaukee, December 12, 1985
8 - Manute Bol, Washington vs. Indiana, February 26, 1987
8 - Dikembe Mutombo, Philadelphia at Chicago, December 1, 2001
8 - Erick Dampier, Golden State vs. L..A. Clippers, April 17, 2002

Blocks Leaders Y/Y

Season Lg Player BLK Tm
2012-13 NBA Serge Ibaka 204 OKC
2011-12 NBA Serge Ibaka 241 OKC
2010-11 NBA Serge Ibaka 198 OKC
2009-10 NBA Dwight Howard 228 ORL
2008-09 NBA Dwight Howard 231 ORL
2007-08 NBA Marcus Camby 285 DEN
2006-07 NBA Marcus Camby 231 DEN
2005-06 NBA Andrei Kirilenko 220 UTA
2004-05 NBA Marcus Camby 199 DEN
2003-04 NBA Theo Ratliff 307 TOT
2002-03 NBA Theo Ratliff 262 ATL
2001-02 NBA Ben Wallace 278 DET
2000-01 NBA Shawn Bradley 228 DAL
Jermaine O'Neal 228 IND
1999-00 NBA Alonzo Mourning 294 MIA
1998-99 NBA Alonzo Mourning 180 MIA
1997-98 NBA Dikembe Mutombo 277 ATL
1996-97 NBA Dikembe Mutombo 264 ATL
1995-96 NBA Dikembe Mutombo 332 DEN
1994-95 NBA Dikembe Mutombo 321 DEN
1993-94 NBA Dikembe Mutombo 336 DEN
1992-93 NBA Hakeem Olajuwon* 342 HOU
1991-92 NBA David Robinson* 305 SAS
1990-91 NBA David Robinson* 320 SAS
1989-90 NBA Hakeem Olajuwon* 376 HOU
1988-89 NBA Manute Bol 345 GSW
1987-88 NBA Mark Eaton 304 UTA
1986-87 NBA Mark Eaton 321 UTA
1985-86 NBA Manute Bol 397 WSB
1984-85 NBA Mark Eaton 456 UTA
1983-84 NBA Mark Eaton 351 UTA
1982-83 NBA Tree Rollins 343 ATL
1981-82 NBA George Johnson 234 SAS
1980-81 NBA George Johnson 278 SAS
1979-80 NBA Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 280 LAL
1978-79 NBA Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 316 LAL
1977-78 NBA George Johnson 274 NJN
1976-77 NBA Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 261 LAL
1975-76 NBA Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 338 LAL
ABA Billy Paultz 253 SAA
1974-75 NBA Elmore Smith 216 LAL
ABA Artis Gilmore* 258 KEN
1973-74 NBA Elmore Smith 393 LAL
ABA Caldwell Jones 316 SDA
1972-73 ABA Artis Gilmore* 259 KEN
1971-72 ABA Artis Gilmore* 422 KEN
Last edited by Hank Luisetti on 27/03/2013, 17:44, edited 5 times in total.
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

NBA Anecdotes:

Stagione 1976/77 Bill Russell è l’allenatore dei Seattle Supersonics e sta conducendo l’allenamento della sua squadra. Nonostante i Sonics stiano lottando per un posto ai PO, non si stanno allenando con l'intensità giusta..dopo l’ennesimo lay up facile concesso da Tom Burleson a Dennis Johnson, Russell si lamenta con il suo centro e viene sfidato da Johnson a far meglio di quanto non stia facendo Burleson. Il più classico degli errori di un rookie. Russell accetta, dà tre possibilità a Johnson, se riuscirà a segnare almeno una volta l’allenamento si chiude li, se no continuerà per altre due ore..

..anni dopo in maglia Celtics Dennis Johnson alla domanda se avesse mai avuto timore di essere stoppato da qualcuno durante una delle sue classiche penetrazioni rispose: “ si, da Bill Russell…..” lasciando perplessi i cronisti. Per la cronaca a Seattle l’allenamento continuò altre due ore.
Rakim
Senior
Senior
NBA Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by Rakim »

Favoloso l'ultimo e come al solito grazie di tutto Hank :notworthy:

PS Ma la firma dove l'hai messa?
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

Rakim wrote:Favoloso l'ultimo e come al solito grazie di tutto Hank :notworthy:

PS Ma la firma dove l'hai messa?
...me ne accorgo ora.. doh!! ma dov'è sparita la mia firma??
Nas
Senior
Senior
NBA Team: New York Knicks

Post by Nas »

Hank Luisetti wrote:NBA Anecdotes:

Stagione 1976/77 Bill Russell è l’allenatore dei Seattle Supersonics e sta conducendo l’allenamento della sua squadra. Nonostante i Sonics stiano lottando per un posto ai PO, non si stanno allenando con l'intensità giusta..dopo l’ennesimo lay up facile concesso da Tom Burleson a Dennis Johnson, Russell si lamenta con il suo centro e viene sfidato da Johnson a far meglio di quanto non stia facendo Burleson. Il più classico degli errori di un rookie. Russell accetta, dà tre possibilità a Johnson, se riuscirà a segnare almeno una volta l’allenamento si chiude li, se no continuerà per altre due ore..

..anni dopo in maglia Celtics Dennis Johnson alla domanda se avesse mai avuto timore di essere stoppato da qualcuno durante una delle sue classiche penetrazioni rispose: “ si, da Bill Russell…..” lasciando perplessi i cronisti. Per la cronaca a Seattle l’allenamento continuò altre due ore.
bellissimo aneddoto Hank :notworthy:
Hank Luisetti
Pro
Pro

Post by Hank Luisetti »

NBA Quotes: Alex English on Doug Moe

I: Do you have a favorite Doug Moe story?

AE:“Well, I mean I have so many. I guess the memories I have the most are – here’s a story. We went to Portland and we were getting our butts kicked and Doug just told us to ‘Just play, just go on out and play. Just shoot the ball every time you go down the floor.’ That’s it, just ‘Shoot it every time.’ And so we did and I think the league fined him for it. He told us to not play defense and just shoot the ball every time down the floor. That’s the one.”

I: What about that era in the NBA?

AE:“Oh, it was great. That was basketball at its finest. Everybody really focused on playing basketball. And people talk about us not playing defense and the pace of the game, and all the points, but now the league is trying to get back to it, the excitement. That was exciting basketball and they’re getting back to it now. You see Sacramento, Orlando and L.A. It’s a good thing. We weren’t really the pioneers, but we were one of the best at it.”

I: Doug’s known for his temper and getting on to his players. Do you remember any time when he really lost it with you?

AE:“Well, he did once. That was when he cursed me and I cursed him back. Guys in the locker room were like shocked because they had never heard me curse. And you know after that – always afterwards – we were fine and everything was back to normal.”

“Back then he was just a wild man. He just had his one sport jacket that he wore. His wardrobe has gotten better over the years. I think Jane (Doug’s wife) is dressing him. He looks better, he’s got a nice little leather coat, looks like he’s got his hair combed.